SB376 was passed this session and became law on March 31 when it was published in the Kansas Register. The bill amends KSA 75-712c by changing the time requirement for entering the information into NCIC from "as soon as practical" to "within 2 hours." This amendment was to bring the state statute into compliance with a 2014 change to federal law. The bill further states the 2 hour time limit does not apply to a "high risk missing person" which needs to be entered "as soon as possible" but still within the 2 hour time frame. See the bill here. See the bill brief here.
OPERATIONAL INFORMATION AND DATA
This page contains information I receive from State Agencies and Others of an operational nature.
It also includes statistical data of general interest to law enforcement.
If you have information you would like me to post here send it to this link.
Also see my Line Officer Page for articles and information of interest to line officers and my General Information Page for news articles of general interest to law enforcement.
NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS:
Remember that comments, if approved, will appear with your name and will be visible to everyone. I will try to watch your back by reviewing them before they are posted.
- Whats New
- About This Website
- Sign Up For E-mail Notifications
- Memorial Page
- Ed's Editorials
- Special Notices
- Operational Information/Data
- General Information
- LE News
- Line Officers
- Legal Information
- Court Decision Warnings and Links
- Attorney General Opinions
- Kansas Register
- Federal Laws
- 2017 Session
- Juvenile Justice Reform
- KPERS Topics
- Concealed Carry
- Human Trafficking Resources
- Marijuana Legalization
- Official State Statute Website (NOTE: DOES NOT HAVE 2016 Amendments Included
- Best Link for Traffic and Criminal Code with 2016 Amendments - Kansas Cop Law
- Law Enforcement Job Opportunities: A page maintained by the Kansas Peace Officers Association.
- Training Opportunites Statewide: Link to KLETC Training Listings
- On-Line Training Opportunities
- Community Relations