The National Law Enforcement Memorial Foundation has released its Preliminary Report on 2015 Law Enforcement Fatalities. Firearm related deaths down substantially, from 49 to 42. Traffic crash deaths were up from 33 to 35, officers killed when struck by a vehicle were up from 10-11. Six officers died in motorcycle crashes in both 2014 and 2015. Officers killed by felonious actin were down, 52 compared to 61 in 2014.
Items posted on this page are generally articles and other information of general interest to law enforcement. If you have something you would like for me to post you may e-mail it to me at this link
Also see information more specific for line officers on the Line Officers Page and operational information, data, and research reports on the Operational Information/Data Page.
NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS:
Remember that comments, if approved, will appear with your name and will be visible to everyone. I will try to watch your back by reviewing posts before they are posted.
- Whats New
- About This Website
- Sign Up For E-mail Notifications
- Memorial Page
- Ed's Editorials
- Special Notices
- Operational Information/Data
- General Information
- LE News
- Line Officers
- Legal Information
- Court Decision Warnings and Links
- Attorney General Opinions
- Kansas Register
- Federal Laws
- 2017 Session
- Juvenile Justice Reform
- KPERS Topics
- Concealed Carry
- Marijuana Legalization
- Official State Statute Website (NOTE: DOES NOT HAVE 2016 Amendments Included
- Best Link for Traffic and Criminal Code with 2016 Amendments - Kansas Cop Law
- Law Enforcement Job Opportunities: A page maintained by the Kansas Peace Officers Association.
- Training Opportunites Statewide: Link to KLETC Training Listings
- On-Line Training Opportunities
- Community Relations