- 108 law enforcement officers took their own life compared to 126 suicides in 2012 (the last year of a full study by the Badge of Life)
- This represents a decrease of 14% in suicides compared to 2012
- This was also the second drop in suicide over the course of the Badge of Life studies; in 2009, law enforcement deaths from suicide were at their high with 143 deaths.
- One officer completed suicide every 81 hours.
- For every one police suicide, almost 1,000 officers continue to work while suffering the painful symptoms of PTSD.
Police Suicides In 2016 | Officer.com
Items posted on this page are generally articles and other information of general interest to law enforcement. If you have something you would like for me to post you may e-mail it to me at this link
Also see information more specific for line officers on the Line Officers Page and operational information, data, and research reports on the Operational Information/Data Page.
NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS:
Remember that comments, if approved, will appear with your name and will be visible to everyone. I will try to watch your back by reviewing posts before they are posted.