S. 178: Justice for Victims of Trafficking 2015
Amends federal law on human trafficking. Extensive changes, see the summary here.
H.R. 2048: USA FREEDOM Act of 2015
To reform the authorities of the Federal Government to require the production of certain business records, conduct electronic surveillance, use pen registers and trap and trace devices, and use other forms of information gathering for foreign intelligence, counterterrorism, and criminal purposes, and for other purposes.
See summary here.
H.R. 606: Don't Tax Our Fallen Public Safety Heroes Act
Section2 - This bill amends the Internal Revenue Code to exclude from gross income, for income tax purposes, amounts paid:
(1) by the Bureau of Justice Assistance of the Department of Justice as a public safety officer survivor's benefit or a public safety officer disability benefit, or(2) under a state program that provides compensation for surviving dependents of a public safety officer who has died as the direct and proximate result of a personal injury sustained in the line of duty. The tax exclusion does not apply to any amounts that would have been payable if the death of the public safety officer had occurred other than as the direct and proximate result of a personal injury sustained in the line of duty.
- Whats New
- About This Website
- Sign Up For E-mail Notifications
- Memorial Page
- Ed's Editorials
- Special Notices
- Operational Information/Data
- General Information
- LE News
- Line Officers
- Legal Information
- Court Decision Warnings and Links
- Attorney General Opinions
- Kansas Register
- Federal Laws
- 2017 Session
- Juvenile Justice Reform
- KPERS Topics
- Concealed Carry
- Marijuana Legalization
- Official State Statute Website (NOTE: DOES NOT HAVE 2016 Amendments Included
- Best Link for Traffic and Criminal Code with 2016 Amendments - Kansas Cop Law
- Law Enforcement Job Opportunities: A page maintained by the Kansas Peace Officers Association.
- Training Opportunites Statewide: Link to KLETC Training Listings
- On-Line Training Opportunities
- Community Relations