Here we go! The session starts at 2PM on Monday, January 11. We expect a plethora of topics of interest to law enforcement to be debated during this session. Including open records of LE video, attacks on civil forfeiture funds, legalization of marijuana and/or hemp, changes to DUI hearings, interstate law enforcement mutual aid, juvenile justice reform, and many more. As always, it will be interesting, challenging, frightening at times, and often frustrating. And at the end of the session there will be things they did to us and things they did for us. Keep watching here and I will try to keep you up-to-date on the happenings effecting law enforcement.
2016 LEGISLATIVE SESSION INFORMATION
NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS:
I prefer you restrict comments to statements of support/opposition, or questions about the bill or topic and suggestions for amendments or testimony. Remember that comments, if approved, will appear on the webpage and will be visible to everyone.
You may e-mail me privately at this link.
- Whats New
- About This Website
- Sign Up For E-mail Notifications
- Memorial Page
- Ed's Editorials
- Special Notices
- Operational Information/Data
- General Information
- LE News
- Line Officers
- Legal Information
- Court Decision Warnings and Links
- Attorney General Opinions
- Kansas Register
- Federal Laws
- 2017 Session
- Juvenile Justice Reform
- KPERS Topics
- Concealed Carry
- Marijuana Legalization
- Official State Statute Website (NOTE: DOES NOT HAVE 2016 Amendments Included
- Best Link for Traffic and Criminal Code with 2016 Amendments - Kansas Cop Law
- Law Enforcement Job Opportunities: A page maintained by the Kansas Peace Officers Association.
- Training Opportunites Statewide: Link to KLETC Training Listings
- On-Line Training Opportunities
- Community Relations