On 5/5/15 the Senate debated HB2095, then passed the bill 40-0. The bill will now go to the House where the House Pensions and Benefits Committee has scheduled an "informational briefing" for Wednesday 5/6/15 at 2 PM in Room 152-S on the working after retirement issue. This will apparently be a briefing of the contents of HB2095 and a comparison to HB2253 provided by legislative staff. This is not a hearing where testimony will be allowed. I expect the House to "nonconcur" with what the Senate passed which will send the matter to the conference committee. That action by the House could take place on Wednesday or Thursday.
2015 LEGISLATIVE SESSION INFORMATION
NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS:
I prefer you restrict comments to questions about the bill or topic and suggestions for amendments or testimony. Remember that comments, if approved, will appear with your name and will be visible to everyone.
You may e-mail me privately at this link.
- Whats New
- About This Website
- Sign Up For E-mail Notifications
- Memorial Page
- Ed's Editorials
- Special Notices
- Operational Information/Data
- General Information
- LE News
- Line Officers
- Legal Information
- Court Decision Warnings and Links
- Attorney General Opinions
- Kansas Register
- Federal Laws
- 2017 Session
- Juvenile Justice Reform
- KPERS Topics
- Concealed Carry
- Marijuana Legalization
- Official State Statute Website (NOTE: DOES NOT HAVE 2016 Amendments Included
- Best Link for Traffic and Criminal Code with 2016 Amendments - Kansas Cop Law
- Law Enforcement Job Opportunities: A page maintained by the Kansas Peace Officers Association.
- Training Opportunites Statewide: Link to KLETC Training Listings
- On-Line Training Opportunities
- Community Relations