The House today rejected the tax bill passed by the Senate on 6/7, a bill reportedly primarily composed by the House members of the conference committee. There was not vote, just a recognition by the House that there were very few votes for it. The Tax conference committee will meet again the morning of 6/9, but we are getting dangerously close to the legislature just shutting down without a tax bill which will result in a 6.2% (reported by media) reduction in the budget awaiting action by the governor. This obviously would result in serious negative impact on all general fund agencies.
2015 LEGISLATIVE SESSION INFORMATION
NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS:
I prefer you restrict comments to questions about the bill or topic and suggestions for amendments or testimony. Remember that comments, if approved, will appear with your name and will be visible to everyone.
You may e-mail me privately at this link.
- Whats New
- About This Website
- Sign Up For E-mail Notifications
- Memorial Page
- Ed's Editorials
- Special Notices
- Operational Information/Data
- General Information
- LE News
- Line Officers
- Legal Information
- Court Decision Warnings and Links
- Attorney General Opinions
- Kansas Register
- Federal Laws
- 2017 Session
- Juvenile Justice Reform
- KPERS Topics
- Concealed Carry
- Human Trafficking Resources
- Marijuana Legalization
- Official State Statute Website (NOTE: DOES NOT HAVE 2016 Amendments Included
- Best Link for Traffic and Criminal Code with 2016 Amendments - Kansas Cop Law
- Law Enforcement Job Opportunities: A page maintained by the Kansas Peace Officers Association.
- Training Opportunites Statewide: Link to KLETC Training Listings
- On-Line Training Opportunities
- Community Relations