The House approved the Conference Committee Report on HB2095 was approved by the House on 5/15. The bill now goes to the Governor. The Senate approved the Conference Committee Report on HB2095 on Thursday 38-0. The House may take this up on Friday or they could wait until next week. A printed bill with all the conference committee report amendments will not be available until the bill is sent to the governor. So I have put together a copy of the bill with the amendments added based on Senate Substitute for HB2095 as passed by the Senate and the Conference Committee Report. The new provisions go into effect July 1, 2016, but will likely be amended during the 2016 session. The DROP part of the bill will only be a pilot program only open to the Kansas Highway Patrol and has a sunset provision of July 1, 2019. The working after retirement provisions do not apply to KP&F members. KP&F already has its own working after retirement restrictions that remain unchanged.
2015 LEGISLATIVE SESSION INFORMATION
NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS:
I prefer you restrict comments to questions about the bill or topic and suggestions for amendments or testimony. Remember that comments, if approved, will appear with your name and will be visible to everyone.
You may e-mail me privately at this link.
- Whats New
- About This Website
- Sign Up For E-mail Notifications
- Memorial Page
- Ed's Editorials
- Special Notices
- Operational Information/Data
- General Information
- LE News
- Line Officers
- Legal Information
- Court Decision Warnings and Links
- Attorney General Opinions
- Kansas Register
- Federal Laws
- 2017 Session
- Juvenile Justice Reform
- KPERS Topics
- Concealed Carry
- Marijuana Legalization
- Official State Statute Website (NOTE: DOES NOT HAVE 2016 Amendments Included
- Best Link for Traffic and Criminal Code with 2016 Amendments - Kansas Cop Law
- Law Enforcement Job Opportunities: A page maintained by the Kansas Peace Officers Association.
- Training Opportunites Statewide: Link to KLETC Training Listings
- On-Line Training Opportunities
- Community Relations