On Wednesday of this week, quite a stir was created when it was learned a floor amendment was in the works to add the provisions of HB2416 into another bill being debated in the House. We (various lobbyists and organizations) were working diligently to prevent such an amendment. When the proposed amendment was made it was ruled to be not germane to the bill Rep. Lunn (Overland Park) was trying to add it to. As a result, the amendment was never debated and was not added to the bill. Interestingly, the proposed amendment (you can read it here) did not include KP&F, did not include the 240 hour maximum restriction on annual leave/vacation time, and did not include the provision about state employee's sick leave accruals.
2015 LEGISLATIVE SESSION INFORMATION
NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS:
I prefer you restrict comments to questions about the bill or topic and suggestions for amendments or testimony. Remember that comments, if approved, will appear with your name and will be visible to everyone.
You may e-mail me privately at this link.
- Whats New
- About This Website
- Sign Up For E-mail Notifications
- Memorial Page
- Ed's Editorials
- Special Notices
- Operational Information/Data
- General Information
- LE News
- Line Officers
- Legal Information
- Court Decision Warnings and Links
- Attorney General Opinions
- Kansas Register
- Federal Laws
- 2017 Session
- Juvenile Justice Reform
- KPERS Topics
- Concealed Carry
- Marijuana Legalization
- Official State Statute Website (NOTE: DOES NOT HAVE 2016 Amendments Included
- Best Link for Traffic and Criminal Code with 2016 Amendments - Kansas Cop Law
- Law Enforcement Job Opportunities: A page maintained by the Kansas Peace Officers Association.
- Training Opportunites Statewide: Link to KLETC Training Listings
- On-Line Training Opportunities
- Community Relations